St. Mark’s folks like nothing better than to have a good time together serving others! We are in the words of one member, "a church who prays facing outward." We actively listen for God's call to us in the world and respond and rely upon the Holy Spirit to guide and help us in our work.
While we are not the largest or wealthiest of congregations - we are a remarkably generous one. This community puts its money and its energy into projects and programs that touch the lives of our neighbors and partner organizations. Our Outreach and Justice activities are selected and supported based upon our resources - both physical and fiscal!
We believe that our work can and will make a difference in the our city and our world.
Community + Service Events at a Glance
- Food Pantry - second and fourth Saturdays
- OUtreach with Caritas - supporting their residential recovery programs with meals and kits
- anna julia cooper school - school supply drive every August
- Seasonal forums on topics of interest every check the calendar for 2022 dates
- ties in october Transgender Information and Empowerment Summit with Equality VA
- va pride rva Every September on Brown's Island
- Annual Christmas for the Elders to support low income elders in City District 8
- Justice & Advocacy Forums and Groups
More service ideas are always percolating!