Our Theology of Youth Ministry
- Youth contribute and serve in all the work and ministry of the church – this is our foundational understanding of youth ministry - that every ministry includes young people.
- You don't have to be a member of St. Mark's, or any church to take part in youth group - you just have to come with a heart and mind willing to serve, and learn, and share
- Youth ministry is relational - it is about showing up and being fully present
- Confirmation is a rite of passage into the community, not out of it
- Youth will speak in the language of faith, if that is how we speak to them
Youth Service & Learning Opportunities:
- 2nd & 4th Saturday Food Pantry & Soup Kitchen: Set-up starts at 8am and we open the doors for our guests at 9am. Come and help provide welcome and care for those who need our help and support.
- Teen Leaning Class, First Sundays from noon to 1:30pm. A new cohort begins in October 2018
- RVA TAlks: Blues for Mister Charlie play is April 18 -22 at University of Richmond.
Youth Fellowship Opportunities:
Bowling and Baseball in the Spring - dates TBA!