Our Theology of Youth Ministry
- Youth contribute and serve in all the work and ministry of the church – this is our foundational understanding of youth ministry - that every ministry includes young people.
- You don't have to be a member of St. Mark's, or any church to take part in youth group - you just have to come with a heart and mind willing to serve, and learn, and share
- Youth ministry is relational - it is about showing up and being fully present
- Confirmation is a rite of passage into the community, not out of it
- Youth will speak in the language of faith, if that is how we speak to them
Youth Service & Learning Opportunities:
- 2nd & 4th Saturday Food Pantry & Soup Kitchen: Set-up starts at 8am and we open the doors for our guests at 9am. Come and help provide welcome and care for those who need our help and support.
- Teen Leaning Class, First Sundays from noon to 1:00pm. A new cohort began in February 2019
- Young Leaders in the Church, post confirmation teens gathering with Rev. Dorothy White to read and discuss the book, "Freedoms' Children," in preparation for a late summer 2020 Civil Rights Trail pilgrimage, 3rd Sundays at noon
Fall Winter Youth Service Opportunities:
CARITAS Eats Ministry: Preparing meals and packing lunches, delivery to The Healing Place
Porch Events - Saturdays in September, October & November