Our Theology of Youth Ministry
- Youth contribute and serve in all the work and ministry of the church – this is our foundational understanding of youth ministry - that every ministry includes young people.
- You don't have to be a member of St. Mark's, or any church to take part in youth group - you just have to come with a heart and mind willing to serve, and learn, and share
- Youth ministry is relational - it is about showing up and being fully present
- Confirmation is a rite of passage into the community, not out of it
- Youth will speak in the language of faith, if that is how we speak to them
Youth Service & Learning Opportunities:
- 2nd & 4th Saturday Food Pantry & Soup Kitchen: Set-up starts at 8am and we open the doors for our guests at 9am. Come and help provide welcome and care for those who need our help and support.
- Teen Leaning Class, First Sundays in October & November. A new cohort begins in 2018
- RVA TAlks: Blues for Mister Charlie on October 29 at 4pm. A facilitated discussion of the James Baldwin play based on the murder of Emmet Till
Youth Fellowship Opportunities:
Let's Go to the State Fair! Sunday, September 24, 2pm
Apple Picking, Saturday October 21- Carter's Mountain Orchard