Our Theology of Youth Ministry
- Youth contribute and serve in all the work and ministry of the church – this is our foundational understanding of youth ministry - that every ministry includes young people.
- You don't have to be a member of St. Mark's, or any church to take part in youth group - you just have to come with a heart and mind willing to serve, and learn, and share
- Youth ministry is relational - it is about showing up and being fully present
- Confirmation is a rite of passage into the community, not out of it
- Youth will speak in the language of faith, if that is how we speak to them
Youth Service & Learning Opportunities:
- 2nd & 4th Saturday Food Pantry & Soup Kitchen: Set-up starts at 8am and we open the doors for our guests at 9am. Come and help provide welcome and care for those who need our help and support.
- CARITAS - this summer we are doing the Intake ministry during July from Friday the 8th through Saturday the 28th. Come and help by setting out bottled water and treats, welcoming our guests and helping Martha with the clothes closet. Sign up with family and friends on-line.
- Teen Learning Class meets first Sunday from noon - 1:30 pm. Contact email@example.com for information about this class and when the next cohort will form.
- St. Andrew's Laundry Ministry - July 19, 11am - 4pm. We'll gather at the church to fill quarter and laundry product bags, eat lunch and then travel over to Oregon Hill to hand out bags and help street folks with laundry. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- Shalom Farms Work morning - July 20, 9am - noon. Come ready to sweat and harvest vegetables. Contact email@example.com for information.
- CARITAS Furniture and household goods donation drive, July 22 & 23 As part of our youth in-town mission work, we are hosting a CARITAS furniture drive. Please talk it up - let friends and co-workers know they can bring good condition used furniture and household goods to donate July 22, 10am - 4pm, and July 23 noon - 4pm. No clothing!
Youth Fellowship Opportunities:
Bill Crowder/John Boothby Festive Farewell Sunday! is Sunday, May 7. Come and thank Bill for his time, love and commitment to children & youth ministry
Summer Pool Party - June date & place TBD